Ice is useful and healthy for your face: it is an analogue of the rejuvenating cryomassage in the comfort of your home. The effect of cold makes the vessels narrow, increasing blood flow, and nutrients get into the tissues faster. This massage also stimulates blood supply, provides lymphatic drainage and accelerates elastin and collagen production. The benefits of ice cryomassage:
* slows down and even stops age-related changes due to stimulation of collagen and elastin production;
* helps to fight sagging face contour, festoons, double chin, hooded eyelids and nasolabial folds;
* lifts the skin;
* narrows the pores, thereby reducing the secretion of sebum on the oily and combined type of epidermis;
* removes puffiness and bags under the eyes, reduces dark circles, returns a healthy complexion and gives your cheeks a light blush;
* improves vessels reaction to temperature changes, strengthens immunity.
* you are allergic to cold and have atopic dermatitis;
* your vessels are located close to the surface (you have rosacea or vascular mesh);
* you have had a heart attack or stroke before;
* you have a predisposition to vascular spasms and the formation of blood clots;
* you have a blood-clotting disorder;
* you suffer from sinusitis or frontitis.
It is recommended not to do the ice massage if you have an elevated body temperature and any signs of a cold or viral disease. Even if you have already started the course but suddenly got sick, postpone it until you fully recover.
Another contraindication is a large number of purulent formations on the skin, such as boils or pyoderma.
How to Do the Ice Massage
In order not to harm your health, it is essential to know the technique of using ice on your face. Follow the basic rules, and you will get the best result without hurting yourself.
1. It is best to apply ice to your face in the morning - about 20-30 minutes after waking up so that the vessels have time to reactivate after sleep.
2. Start the course in the warm season. If the weather is cold, do not go outside within the next 2-3 hours after the procedure to prevent hypothermia. In summer, this time can be reduced to 30 minutes before going out.
3. Before you start, remove all make-up. In the morning, it is enough to use micellar water; use a foam cleanser or hydrophilic oil in the evening.
4. Take the ice out of the freezer in advance so that it has time to melt slightly at the edges and will not scratch the skin.
5. Move along the facial massage lines:
* from the chin to the ears;
* from the lip corners to the ears;
* from the tip of the nose to the ears;
* from the bridge of the nose to the cheekbones;
* from the center of the forehead to the temples.
Make sure to repeat all the moves in both directions so that the effect on the vessels is symmetrical. It is important to let the ice slide without pressing it or stopping at one point for a long time.
6. You can start with just 1 minute of massaging, gradually increasing the time (but no longer than 5 minutes).
To increase the effectiveness of the procedure, it is good to add components suitable for your skin type.
Buy "Fresh Ball", and you will receive DIY ice recipes for different skin types as a gift!
7. Remember, ice should be made of clean drinking water only!
1. Avocado and Cucumber Ice
Ingredients: 1 half avocado and 1 half cucumber peeled, 150 ml of drinking water
Preparation: blend until smooth, pour into the Fresh Ball and freeze.
After the massage, let the mixture remain on your skin for 7-10 minutes, then
rinse with clean water.
2. Cranberry Ice
Ingredients: fresh cranberry juice, green tea - 1 teabag per 150 ml of water, 100 ml chamomile decoction.
Preparation: mix all three liquids and pour into the Fresh Ball; use once in 2 days.
Skin Types: normal, combined.
After applying the mixture to the skin, rinse it off with warm water.
3. Rosehip Ice
Ingredients: dried rosehips, water.
Preparation: make some rosehips into tea, strain it and freeze in the Fresh Ball.
Skin Type: normal.
Effect: rosehip has a high content of vitamin C and antioxidants, the Fresh Ball filled with it will reduce inflammation and make your skin glow.
4. Pomegranate Ice
Ingredients: 2 tbsp of pomegranate seeds, mineral water.
Preparation: grind pomegranate seeds in a blender (pomegranate seeds contain collagen), strain draining them through cheesecloth and mix with mineral water in a ratio of 1:1.
Skin Types: oily, problem-prone, normal.
Perform a massage using the Fresh Ball, leave the mixture on your skin for 10 minutes, rinse it off with water, and then apply your skin care products.
5. Berry Ice
Ingredients: any seasonal berries - strawberries, raspberries, rowan or hawthorn berries; 150 ml of drinking water.
Preparation: squeeze the juice out of the berries running it through a cheesecloth, or mix berries and water using a blender. Pour it into the Fresh Ball and freeze.
Skin Type: dry.
Effect: this kind of ice helps to keep your skin moisturized for up to several hours.
6. Salty Ice
Ingredients: sea or table salt, mineral water.
Preparation: dissolve a tablespoon of salt in a glass of warm water, let the liquid cool and freeze it in the Fresh Ball.
Skin Types: problem-prone, oily, skin with comedones.
7. Viburnum Ice
Ingredients: viburnum berries, mineral water.
Preparation: force viburnum berries through a sieve to get the juice. Dilute the juice mineral water in equal proportions, mix well and pour into the Fresh Ball.
Skin Type: normal.
Effect: helps to maintain skin tone and fight wrinkles.
8. Parsley Ice
Ingredients: a couple of bunches of parsley, mineral water.
Preparation: grind parsley in a blender, add 150 ml of water. Fill in the Fresh Ball and massage along the massage lines; you can also apply it to the neck and decollete area. After the procedure, rinse the remnants off the skin with warm water.
Skin Types: suitable for people with dry, sensitive, oily and skin prone to inflammation, as well as for anti-ageing skincare.
Effect: helps to reduce swelling of the face, helps to narrow pores, has a whitening effect (good for pigmentation), fills the skin with vitamins and fights the first wrinkles, improves skin color.
9. Rose Ice
Ingredients: 1 cup dried rose petals.
Preparation: pour boiling water over the rose petals, let it brew. Let it cool, strain, add a couple of drops of your favorite essential oil (optional).
Skin Type: any.
Effect: cleansing, soothing, antibacterial and rejuvenating.
10. Oat Ice
Ingredients: oat flakes, mineral water.
Preparation: pour boiling water over the oatmeal, let it rest a few hours, then strain the liquid, forcing it through a sieve or gauze, pour the transparent liquid into the Fresh Ball and freeze.
Skin Type: combined.
Effect: soothes the skin and improves the natural complexion of the face.